Monday, June 24, 2013

Pretty Paper Drawer Liners

After finishing my chalk paint transformation of a nursery dresser into an office console table, I wanted to ensure the interior would be lovely and functional as well.  The drawers are constructed with dovetail joinery and are solid maple; they are beautiful and need to be protected.  Plus, I absolutely love using pretty paper any way I can -- see, for example, how I used wrapping paper to cover ugly laminate desk tops in my girls' playroom and a bedroom.

So, I visited my local Paper Source and purchased four sheets of gorgeous handmade paper.  Each sheet measured about 20x30 and cost about $4; those four sheets were sufficient to line a total of six drawers and three shelves in both my console table and office desk. I chose colors and patterns that would play well with the Annie Sloan Aubusson Blue I used on the console, as well as the Benjamin Moore Stone Harbor Gray on my office walls, and the yellow, gray, and blue fabric in my window treatment.


I then gathered my supplies --- clear contact paper, a paper cutter, a measuring tape, and poster tape --- and got to work.  

After measuring each drawer and shelf, I cut the contact paper to size, sealed it to the decorative paper, and then cut the decorative paper to fit.  I then affixed each liner to the drawer with a few pieces of removable poster tape, so that I can safely change the liners without damaging the wood.  And that's it!




Drawers are now ready to be filled with stationery and office supplies, and my new home office is one step closer to being organized!

New to the cul-de-sac?  Please consider subscribing and joining the conversation! :)

Sharing with Between Naps on the Porch, Savvy Southern Style, House of HepworthsHomemaker on a Dime, DIY By DesignA Stroll Thru Life, Shabby Creek CottageMaking the World Cuter, and I Heart Naptime

1 comment:

  1. This is such a great idea. I would be happy every time I opened the drawers because of the pretty paper inside. So clever. Visiting from the Shabby Creek Cottage. I would love for you to visit my blog sometime. :)

    Angela
    Angela Says: Easily Fold Fitted Sheets

    ReplyDelete