Monday, July 1, 2013

Patriotic Playroom Tree

Happy July! Isn't summer flying by?

I previously shared our turquoise, pink, and white "Playroom in Progress," but today I want to feature one particular element of our playroom: the Children's Holiday Tree.

An inexpensive pre-lit white Christmas tree from Hobby Lobby remains in the playroom year-round, for the kids to decorate each season. We keep the tree decor simple, cheap, and kid-friendly, as I still have a destructive toddler in the mix. But my daughters love changing out the tree decor every few months, and I like the whimsy it adds to our playroom space.

Right now, we have a red, white, and blue patriotic tree, for the Fourth of July:



As you can see, the red, blue, and silver stars are kid-made from glittery construction paper and inexpensive ribbon. Last December, I cut a rudimentary tree skirt from glittery white fleece that we now use for all seasons.  It's not fancy, but my daughters adore it.

How do your kids incorporate the holidays into their playspaces?

Sharing with Real Family Fun and Sun Scholars

P.S. Just a friendly reminder that Google Reader is no more.  Please consider following the cul-de-sac on BlogLovin' or another reader of your choice, or subscribing via email.  Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment